Who We Are
The Nickel Basin Federal Development Corporation (Nickel Basin) is an incorporated, not-for-profit organization that was created in September 2000, with a mandate to administer a community loan fund in support of small and medium-sized businesses. Nickel Basin is funded through Industry Canada and FedNor (federal government), to provide funding and advice, to promote economic growth and diversification that creates and maintains jobs in and around the City of Greater Sudbury. Nickel Basin has authorized loans totalling over $18,000,000 and maintained and created 2,925 jobs since its inception.
Nickel Basin's main objectives are to:
- Provide financial support to small and medium-sized businesses
- Support business innovation and growth
- Work in partnership with other financial institutions and government agencies to create innovative financing solutions for small businesses.
- Promote the participation of local groups with regard to identifying employment problems and opportunities in designated areas
- Identify employment opportunities suitable for support by government programs, private sector programs/partnerships, or a combination thereof